Monday, December 28, 2009

And now that Christmas is over....

Back after a week of being off work and practically off of life. Got a bit more sleep this last week, but for the most part kept busy with Christmas shopping and odds/ends around the house.

As for the L4L diet - the only days I really struggled were Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. With the treacherous traveling to Des Moines, it was difficult. The menus we've had have lasted, as I've repeated some of my favorite meals and staying well within my calorie intake. However, on the aforementioned days, I was eating like there was no tomorrow. Not only that, but the beers were consumed in the dozens. Just a bunch of crap that I didn't need, but enjoyed nonetheless.

New breakthrough on lifting: 6 reps of 200 lbs on the Shoulder Press machine. I really don't know what this means, considering it feels so much different than dumbells or straight bar of equal weight, but it is still a record for me. At the same time I did front raises with 35lb dumbells, which is also a record. 6-8 good reps here as well.

Definition is coming in more and more in my upper body. Weight has risen to about 174.1 lbs. Still, with a lack of cardio, I just don't see the fat coming off around my midsection at the rate I would like. Time to jack up the running just a bit!

No comments:

Post a Comment